Are you a parent with a cancer diagnosis, who has a child aged between 5 and 12 years old?
Purple House Cancer Support will be running a 6 week CLIMB Programme starting on Wednesday 1st March at 3pm in Purple House Parnell Road Bray, Co. Wicklow.
CLIMB stands for Children’s Lives Include Moments of Bravery.
Its an enjoyable, sharing, interactive experience and a time for children to come together to deal with their feelings.
The programme will delivered by our Children’s facilitator, Claire McKiernan, who is a trained CLIMB facilitator and also holds a degree in psychology and behaviour analysis.
Throughout the programme the children will develop an understanding of cancer and from this understanding the myths and fears that children can hold about cancer will be dispelled. The programme is creative, using drama, arts and play. They are also based on having fun together and meeting new friends.
CLIMB aims to help your child:
- To understand a cancer diagnosis by providing information on cancer
- To learn how to express his or her feelings and emotions
- To learn how to cope with these feelings
- To feel part of a social group by making friendships with other children sharing a similar experience
- To cope with the dramatic changes they are witnessing and experiencing in the home
To book a place, please contact us on 01-2866966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org